So after reading lovely Sarah's blog, I (again) wanted to go through my closet and drawers to sort, try on, and organize!
On the plus side: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (remember when I wrote about it last year?) so all of what I am tossing will be donated LOCALLY to the people in the DV and homeless shelters right here in town! I just love it!
On the OTHER plus side: it lets me see what I'm lacking in my wardrobe, what else I need/want, and what does and does not fit! I was pretty scrupulous when going through everything to look for holes, stains, rips, etc. and deemed if it was worthy of donation, trash, or needed to go in my sew pile for fixing (or as fabric for later projects).
I went through e.v.e.r.y. piece of clothing (meaning all panties, socks, jackets, scarves, shirts, skirts, etc.) and tried them all on. Everything that did not fit me was put in the donation pile (with the exception of panties...those that didn't fit were trashed). Everything that was still in good shape but I didn't want also went in the donation pile. And what did I donate you ask? A great pile of stuff! There are bras, tanks, shoes, tights, dresses, dress pants, t-shirts, and more!
This is the pile before I bagged it, grouped into categories. Below are (bad) shots of my closet and shoe rack after off-loading these goods (and all reorganized for the fall/winter months ahead).
Well that's it! I urge you to attempt to donate locally if possible as it REALLY makes a difference plus what have you got to lose?
Plus now that I have made room in both my dresser drawers and closet, I know what I need to fill in gaps and find stuff that fits better.
Cheers to donating, purging, and finding new things to wear!
XOX,
J










Go girl!! That's awesome! It is SOOO nice to have a freshly cleaned out closet. AND bonus for giving to a great cause!
ReplyDelete