Some people say the longer you are with someone the more you start to rub off on one another.
I think me and D are great examples of this.
We've exposed one another to new kinds of food, music, movies, literature, cultures, ideas, attitudes, behaviors and philosophies. We've come to love some while not liking others. Some we make a conscious effort to absorb while others unintentionally cling and become part of our daily nuances.
I kind of like that. I'm not like this with too many people. My best friend (Destiny) and I are like this, my mom and I are like this, and now D is added. Granted it can be argued that spending enough time with ANYONE will cause these type of things to happen but I don't know.... Well...I guess that may be right slightly. I did pick up a few mannerisms from my ex and visa versa but not many (probably in part because we were very different).
I like that my sense of optimism and good-spiritedness has rubbed off on his broody and guarded person. I like that his sense of ground standing has rubbed off and taken a more prominent form in my life, giving me confidence in another arena of me. I like that I introduced him to the doors and he liked them so much he included some of them in our wedding vows. I like that he has shown me new places on the other side of the country, enticing adventure (which evolved my love for travel even further).
All in all, I like us. We are quite a pair of silly, nerdy, brainy, fun loving people. We rub off on one another in (mostly) fantastic ways and I get super excited to see what else will start showing in the next 4.5 years <3 p="p">3>







No comments:
Post a Comment