Well well: November was insane (as all months are seeming to be, LOL) but let's see what I got accomplished.
*Fun
-Celebrate Destiny's 25th birthday! COMPLETE-though the term celebrate here means "ship package and attempt to talk for a bit on the phone", LOL
-Celebrate Thanksgiving COMPLETE-and it was awesome though entirely too short. Der had to work from 11:30 Thanksgiving night through noon on Black Friday so we had a quick turn around from the festivities-still worth it though!
-Create template for holiday cards using Shutterfly like last year.
FAIL-since we didn't do Christmas pictures this year I'm just going to buy some old standards-not as fun but get the point across just the same.
-Read a book for fun, not class (though I'm not sure which one yet). COMPLETE-I have read:
1."Favorite Wife: My Escape from Polygamy" by Susan Ray Schmidt. Very interesting read-insight into a rogue polygamist cult.
2. "Gods Behaving Badly" by Marie Phillips-comedic read about Greek Gods living in a modern day London.
3. And I also started "An Ordinary Man: An Autobiography" by Paul Rusesabagina-this is the autobiography that sparked the film Hotel Rwanda. I'm only about 72 pages into it but I can already tell it's going to be GREAT!
-See the play "Lady Parts" COMPLETE-It was a great night to get my mind off of school and get back into my roots of theater-I actually cried a bit, lol!
-Continue Christmas shopping COMPLETE-I am so good and so close to being done =]
-Throw another "Grad Hangoutage" for all of us COMPLETE-Only 3 of us showed up but it was a great girls night that I really needed!
*School
-KEEP SANITY
DRAW-I think because I did and I didn't, LOL
-Start thesis stuff COMPLETE-I've got a lot of re-working to do but I've still got 2 semesters to tweak it ;]
-Work on Theory analysis for Final COMPLETE-I've gathered my articles and plan on starting on it Wednesday!
-Continue methodology for Methods class COMPLETE-It's going smoother which is good.
-Garner interviews for Masculinities class
DRAW-I've sent out the interview guides but I don't know if I'll have them back before November is officially over.
COMPLETE-9 FAIL-1 DRAW-2
Now-it looks like I had entirely too much fun and not enough school but BELIEVE ME-I stayed busy busy! December will be just as intense but in a completely different atmosphere-I can't WAIT!
No comments:
Post a Comment