I have.
It's the little things in life that make me realize I am bizarre as hell and a uniquely made paradox of a person.
So here, in gaining a clean slate, I admit to some random things that I am proud about yet humbly ashamed of. I apply my shortcomings to the blogging world and in turn change them to triumphs of one strange woman.
*Shortcomings*
1) I love Sex and the City. Sometimes I actually ask myself: "What would Carrie do?" which is swiftly followed by feeling like a moron for wondering what a fictional character would do. Yeah...I'm that girl. Apparently I am not alone in this phenomenon but alas, this doesn't make it any better: am I right?
2) I am obsessed with Harry Potter-the books, the stories, the films, the audio books, the actors, the franchise. I get stupidly defensive about it and am willing to argue with anyone about it around and around because that's how strongly I feel about it. It's weird because I'll usually bite my tongue about politics or religion or child rearing but Harry Potter?! Get ready to see the tiger claws.
3) I don't get embarrassed easily (case in point: having my skirt tucked into my underwear after using the bathroom). Some say this is a great thing to have (the non-embarrassment, not the underwear tuck) but sometimes I should be embarrassed and I'm not (case in point: see first case in point). Then there are times when it's no biggie and I blush profusely and mutter misgivings under my breath (case in point: if there's something stuck in my teeth and I'm talking). Where's my justification you may ask? NO WHERE. The few things I get embarrassed about come out of left field and have no meaning or motive behind them.
4) I know I am smart but fear that I am not. Does that make sense? I refuse to take an IQ test because for some reason if the results said I wasn't smart, I'd be devastated. Sounds so dramatic, I know, but there it is.
*Triumphs*
1) Because of my love for SATC I find myself branching out more in the fashion sense making me feel more confident and apt to try new things via my personal style. I find that I can usually pull off random bits of fashion/style that I wouldn't have normally tried simply, because I tried it. Bravo to me!
2) Because of my love to HP I have jumped full force into a realm of literature (fantasy) I had never cared to explore before and have found I am absolutely smitten with. I have found characters that many can easily relate to and stories that give much depth and hope to the ongoing battle of good vs. evil.
3) Because of my lack of embarrassment, I am pretty confident in the things I do and say (both good and bad). READ: this confidence does not mean that I am right per se, it just means I'm not concerned with being right or wrong. I can have my panties stuck in my dress and laugh out loud about it in the middle of a work meeting. Or I can trip over my feet on my wedding day (in front of everyone) and shrug it off. I am just not worried about what people think most of the time. If they know me, they like me already.
4) Because I don't want that stupid IQ score to tell me different, I make sure to work very hard and to learn very often to make sure I sustain and excel in my intelligence and my determination to not be smart.
So you see, I may be a bit off and a wee bit strange, but it's all justified in my shortcomings-turned-triumphs.
I know these are silly examples of them but it works for the silly and the serious. Try it out! Give yourself a little credit for being bizarre and a little bit awesome.
Let me know how that goes.








No comments:
Post a Comment