Saturday, March 13, 2010

Well, that was short lived...

I am off the phentermine 37.5 meds. Granted, total I lost about 5 pounds in 3 weeks, but I also felt miserably nauseous and off the whole time-trust me, I'd like to loose the weight but I DO NOT want to feel sick all of the time.

So, especially since the weather is getting nicer and nicer I can get back into my workout regimen again-I truly do love to work out! Today I plan on taking Tucker on a walk (if the rain holds out!) and then going to the gym with Der. I like staying fit I just have the tendency to get lazy sometimes-at least I'll admit it though.

On to other news: I get married in 61 days! I literally don't think I've ever been this excited about anything in my life. I mean duh, it's a wedding but it's MINE and DERRICKS! It's our own! Surprisingly, it's not even the ceremony and reception I'm super stoked about (though I am absolutely thrilled!) I'm just excited to start our life together as Mr. and Mrs. Raley (hence the profile name change, lol). We are slowly starting our family beginning with our dog, Tucker-

<--- that's him-our baby. We've realized that we don't even need to have kids yet because Tucker is ours! He's defiantly in his terrible 2s, lol! Der and I have both been asked when we plan on having kids and we know we want to wait at least a couple of years especially since we've pretty much got our own kid. I mean you've got to admit,

he's precious =D We were talking the other day about how we have more pictures on our phones of Tucker than we do of each other, haha! We can't help it-he steals the heart with his kisses.

We have an apartment together with Tucker and split chores: I do laundry, he takes the trash and gets the mail, we split doing the dishes and vacuuming, I tidy up, he makes the bed. We have a good give&get/tug&pull relationship and I take much pride in that. I am falling more and more in love with life all over again. It has taken a while and many tears of my own to reach this point in my life-I went through a horrible break up that left me scared and broken for a long while-even went on anti depressants-but I have come out on the other side with bright eyes, hope, a smile plastered on my face and a wonderful partner holding my hand and chin up the entire time. He does NOT complete me; I do not believe in that and he knows my feelings on that. I do NOT think he is "my other half" and he also knows this and agrees; I do not feel it takes another person to complete someone-just to add to your life-and that is exactly what Derrick does for me. He adds on to the things I find near and dear in my life and I add on to his.

I look forward to where our lives will take us and what journeys we will begin and take with one another. I mean isn't that what life-in general-is all about?!

Maybe I don't say it enough but I am thankful for what I have in life-the sorrows and the joys.

Love, Love, Love. Always.

2 comments:

  1. GIRL. Get the Stila. You should try Flushed for a pretty pink pout (without being too Barbie) or Adorable for a more peachy look. Come into Ulta - they have all the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE to! I need to get some nail lacquer for the fingers anyway for the wedding too =]

    god, please be my wedding face helper!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.