Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Cleaning-Day II

I'm so proud of Der. He really took one for the team and got rid of sooooooo much stuff! Granted, we still have a bunch but I'm pleased to say we've rid ourselves (and namely our apartment) of a lot of clutter and such.  There were some childhood toys that didn't make it-mostly because of moving-but the ones that did are in pretty good condition and it was kind of nice getting a glimpse into my incredibly geeky fiancés childhood. 

                     The Power Rangers and Star Wars Lego sets were present yesterday to help us grieve over the toys that didn't survive.  




Today I will be tackling our bedroom and my things (due to Derrick trusting me and not caring enough of what I get rid of, lol) so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.  Luckily it will mostly be a cleaning thing once Der wakes up...he had bad indigestion last night so sleep didn't occur until like 6:30 this morning-poor guy!


But I am a bit proud of myself too: in the past 10 months that I've lived here I have LITERALLY given away 3 huge black garbage bags full of clothes, shoes, and accessories and-here's the catch-NOT bought new things! So, even though my closet needs a serious overhaul-especially for the summer time-I am waiting to buy new clothes for the following reasons:


1) Once the wedding is over I'll have a bit more money to splurge
2) If we decide to move it'd be bet to make sure I have a walk-in before I buy a new wardrobe or it could lead to some serious woes in the clothes/space/closet department
3) I don't have much time to shop yet (minus the few measly minutes I'm spending writing this blog)
4) I'm hoping to still loose a bit of weight
and 5) I can wait.  Though I LOVE clothes and all of its glories-shoes, scarves, purses, and especially jewelry-I can wait.  I am not so bold and spoiled that I can't wait for it to become an actual issue.  The best way for me to do this it to simply just not go to the mall, lol.


At least our place doesn't look like that (see below).






So, as the day continues, I will be cleaning up the messes we made yesterday, dropping off donations to various locales, and hopefully working out and doing laundry before it's time for some serious sleep.


Much love my chickpeas.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.