Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shot Confidence

Do you ever have a bought where you just feel lackluster and down-and-out about yourself?

For about the past week my confidence has been SHOT.  Now let me be clear:  it's not like I have this huge ego or anything.  I try to be humble yet subtly confident in my actions, behavior, appearance, etc. Yet these past few days I ain't feelin' it!

I've been feeling slothly, fat, zitty, immature, plain, stupid, lazy, behind-in-life, and childish.

While I know in my heart-of-hearts that I am not (most) of these things (at least all of the time) I just can't shake it off!  I don't really know what brought it on.  Maybe it's the unsightly acne I usually and luckily live without.  Maybe it's the after holiday bloat that lingers.  Maybe it's feeling a bit lost in starting research and writing.  Maybe it's conflicting feelings about life decisions and movements.

What to do?

*I am not looking for a pity party but merely using my blog as an outlet for venting, advice, and a place to record my thoughts.*

Maybe it's my upcoming period and this week is my PMS time...if that's the case I should probably stock up on tissues and chocolate now.

1 comment:

  1. awww.. :(

    Ok, so maybe you have had some lazy days when you should clean or do your paper.. (but maybe the lazy days are happening because you are not going to have time in the near future to be lazy- take advantage!)

    maybe the acne has popped up more than usual because the air is so polluted that it clings to our beautiful skin and ruins it

    maybe the holiday bloat is hanging on longer than wanted to keep us warm in this cold windy weather

    maybe you have had some very stupid moments when you think to yourself "I am so glad no one knows about this"

    maybe you are behind in the coolness of the world that we some how quickly have grown way tooooo old for

    maybe you have been immature and childish because being an adult SUCKS.. really sucks a lot of the time

    as for slothy.. well do you mean slow? if so we as americans need to be slothy.. sloths see and enjoy so much more of the world and the beauty from going so slow.
    do you mean slothy as in looks.. because maybe you feel like you look slothy because the sun is not kissing you on the tip of your shoulder sending warmth to your heart and without the sun's kisses, there is nothing more to feel than sloth
    or do you mean slothy as in you are a sloth.. like you feel as though you are an animal.. if that is the case then darling.. go look in the mirror.. you are human, not an animal.. I SWEAR


    :)

    honestly how you feel is in the air.. not just as a human.. not just as a women.. but simply because you are on this earth right now. you have every right to feel every way you do right now.. we all do.. but just don't let it get the best of you. We need pitty parties to ground ourselfs. Also when we feel like this and then pick our self up off the ground we have been crying on, we learn how strong we are as a person for ourself and then we carry that on to others. So, maybe right now you are having a moment of lesson. A moment that you learn how amazing you are because even though you feel these things, you will stand proud soon and be strong.. and that will be passed on to another person..

    grab the tissues and chocolate and enjoy your pitty party for sure (I enjoy mine often) then continue on as a beautiful, strong, pretty skinned, goal achiever, mature grown up that you are.. (stupid "i have to be an adult" crap!! Why cant we just be 15 again.. right?!)

    hope this made you smile a little!! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.