Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Roll

I was scrolling through my pinterest page looking for meal ideas when I came across this-the buffalo chicken roll!  The "real" name of this recipe is called Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread but I altered the title because the "garbage" part just didn't make any sense and honestly sounded completely unappetizing...So, after finding the recipe page I decided to try it out.

Buffalo Chicken Roll

Ingredients:
1-chicken breasts, cut into small pieces or shredded
2-dough (I bought pre-made pizza dough but you can make your own too)
3-1/4 cup wing sauce
4-1/3 cup ranch
5- shredded cheese
6-salt and pepper

Directions:
1-Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken pieces.
2-Bake chicken at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
3-Reheat oven to 425 degrees.
4-Pull out dough and make into a rectangular shape.  The original directions say to lay floue on the counter or table before doing this...I used wax paper instead but I feel like flour would have been more beneficial here.
5-Cover dough with ranch and wing sauce. *NOTE: after we ate it I realized our personal tastes could have done with a little less wing sauce.  It's all up to preference but when I make this again, I'll be using less.
6-Next you'll layer the chicken and cheese over the sauce.

7-Next you roll it-from one side to the other.  I had to get D to hold the wax paper down while I rolled-since it was warm in the kitchen the dough was getting really soft so I had a bit of a hard time rolling...but I did it!  Stick the roll on the sprayed cookie sheet.

8-Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Pull out and VOILA!



It was so EASY and so GOOD!  It was the perfect size for me and D to eat so if you need bigger make bigger-it's a pretty flexible recipe.  The only thing I would change is the amount of wing sauce.  Other than that I suggest make this easy piece and eat away!

Happy cooking,
J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.