Saturday, August 27, 2011

House update-on hold

Well well, it's been quite some time since I've shown some updated home pics here at the Depot!  Though it's on my goals for August, I think I will just show you one update we've had.  I am waiting for our new couch (!!!) and then will thoroughly update the blog for new pics of the (almost) finished Raley home!

The update I want to show you is a one-of-a-kind painting (actually 3-called a triptych) made by the wonderfully talented Jessica Siemens! Her artwork is both unique and gorgeous-bringing truth and beauty to her canvas'.

I had asked Jessica to do a triptych of poppies: 1-because I love the flower, 2-because they'd match my kitchen/dining nook and 3-her art is breathtaking.  She graciously agreed and has worked hard in having these fun and flirty flowers come to life on her canvas' and now in our home!

The three-all hung and pretty in the dining nook.  Every time I see them I can't help but smile.  When I unwrapped them from their packaging I squealed like child and clapped, haha! Der promptly helped me hang them up and make sure they were even.

Canvas #1 I love the details-different shades of poppies and sizes.

Canvas #2-The green(s) background does wonderful justice to our green painted living room.  These canvas' make a perfect transition piece from open living room to our open dining nook.

Canvas #3-The mood is so fresh and inviting! I know cooler seasons are approaching but I can't help but thinking these will still contribute to the fall/winter season with their clever coloring and their happiness.

Can you see the textures?! This is my FAVORITE part about her work-she uses chunky paints and wild textures that give depth and liveliness to her art!

So yes, you must wait to see the new developments within the Raley household once the couch has arrived but I couldn't WAIT to unveil our new one-of-a-kind art.  It holds so much beauty and meaning, knowing it was made by someone as gifted and genuine as Jessica.

THANK YOU JESSICA!

1 comment:

  1. These paintings are beautiful! I'm a texture person too. Even if it's a photograph I at least want to feel the texture of the canvas!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.