I have approximately 4 1/2 months until I become Mrs. Raley...BIZARRE! It's exciting and nerve wracking and stressful and mature and giddy.
Derrick turns 22 tomorrow and we are CELEBRATING.
I have a job that has finally moved to MBoro (so no more commute).
Derrick is back in school and prepping himself for pre-law.
Andrew (nephew by non-blood) is officially 2, with a baby brother-Dillon-on the way.
I plan on keeping up with my health (mental, physical, emotional, etc.)
I am excited for what is to come...is that cliche? Probably, but true none the less.
My main problems for this year (and years past) are: weight loss and money management.
With Derrick not having a job, money is tight and finances are an issue. We have a wedding to save & pay for, an attempt at saving for a honeymoon, and regular living expenses (rent, insurance, electricity, etc.) that all seem so overwhelming. I swear, if money was never an issue in survival, I would never use it. It brings no joy to me, only other issues/debt/woes that I do not need and would rather not have.
Weight loss is a completely different story-I can't seem to do it. Cutting calories, working out-nothing. I don't use supplements and diet pills because it's just not natural to me. I mean I don't even like to use aspirin when I have a headache; I'd rather drink water and lay down for a few minutes. So: I try to eat right (though I'll admit to the occasional dinner out), drink only water or light juices, and and work out (though working out has slacked, I'll admit to my fault here).
What else do I do? I don't eat fast food of any kind, drink no sodas, I only have coffee once a week-and only 1 cup at that, I watch my calorie intake, I take my vitamins and get enough sleep...I just get lost and don't know what to do anymore, ya know? This isn't a pity party or me getting all down and depressed, I just get so frustrated because my body needs to rid itself of about 20-30 pounds and yet it won't. I just don't understand. And for me, understanding is a big issue-I want to understand and learn as much as possible about myself, my life, my body, my soul.
Learning is a passion of mine. It always has been, always will be. The only reason I didn't make straight A's in high school was because I didn't find the need to. I had a great GPA, don't get me wrong, but I know I could have done better. Ironically, I was doing good in other areas-theatrical performances for children, holding down a job, my first love-so the grades didn't seem like my #1 priority...and they still aren't. I don't measure my intelligence by what a piece of paper says (though I will admit, it's nice seeing all of those A's on my transcript), I measure it by the impact knowledge itself has on me as a person...and I'd say I'm pretty intelligent. I want to learn everything. Literally. If I didn't have to have a job, I'd probably read books ALL OF THE TIME. And I wouldn't feel bad about it (except for the guilt that I should probably go work out). I want to learn about the insides of a car. I want to learn the ins-and-outs of the human body. I want to learn a lot of languages. I want to travel the world and learn the cultures. Luckily, my main goal in life is to become a Professor of Sociology; with that I can travel the world in the name of my job and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. YES.
More blogs will surely come. It's only the beginning of January after all.







No comments:
Post a Comment