Sunday, July 28, 2013

May Craft Time...just kidding! June Craft Time Instead

So, I had all of the materials and the idea to make my craft in May...but I just plum didn't have the time!  However, I did make them in June and am happy with how they turned out.  I think I'll be making something similar (maybe cloth napkins instead of dishtowels) again for a Christmas gift.  Unfortunately,  I totally spaced on taking pictures so all I've got is the finished product.  Just use your lovely imagination and think about the steps :)

Stamped Tea Towels

What You'll Need:
-2 or more tea towels (also known as flour sack towels)
-assorted stamps
-assorted stamp ink
-an iron
-small paint roller (optional)

Step-by-Step:
1. Iron your cloth to make smooth.
2. Place assorted paints on a pallet or paper plate for easy use.
3. I improvised a bit with stamps-I didn't like the stamps I had on hand so I used some items around the house that were circular so I could make dots.  I used different sizes too.  However, if you do have stamps make sure they are coated well and evenly (this is where the small pain roller can come in) before you apply them to your towel in whatever pattern you're wanting.
4. Stamp away!  Do whatever pattern you feel like, if any pattern at all.  Make sure the stamp (or object) is placed firmly down and hold for a few seconds before slowly removing.
5. Let dry.  I waited a solid day but you can check the paint off-and-on to make sure it's dry.
6. Once dry, iron again.  This should ensure the stamps will stay.  If you plan on giving them to someone as a gift, make sure you let them know they need to be HAND WASHED AND DRIED.  If they are for you...just remember that.

And that is it!  I think these are SO adorable and pretty inexpensive!  I'm thinking of making some with Christmas tree patterns for Christmas and maybe some colorful stripes for a friends birthday gift.





(Spoiler alert:  I didn't make a craft in July either!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.