Saturday, June 1, 2013

When the universe talks, you should listen

This week has been interesting....It has been full of inconveniences, emptying of my wallet where I'd rather not have, month end at work, health scares, and having hardly any time to spend with my boo.

Now this may sound like complaining.  I'm not.  These are just the facts.

Yet, instead of being super bummed out or sad or very frustrated (like I normally get when these kind of days/weeks go down) I have felt humbled.

Has this week been frustrating, anxiety filled, sad, lonely? Yes, but everything has worked out.  I mean, everything always works out but this time it all worked out within the day the issue was happening.

And that never happens to me.

It's off-putting to say the least.

But I'm glad.

The universe was speaking to me this week, I think.  It said "Listen...we're gonna throw some inconveniences and such your way this week...but understand that I've got your back and you just need to recognize that."

And I did.

For example:  I woke up yesterday with a flat tire. BOO.  I waited on roadside assistance to put on my spare so I could get a new tire.  Turns out, I needed 2 new tires.  BOO.  Because of said tire incident I was 2.5 hours late to work and $260 poorer. BOO.  Yesterday was month end (which means end of deadlines) and month end (meaning rent was due.) BOO.

But here's what the universe did for me to make up for this irksome event (and believe me: this is one of many events like this that have happened this week.)  It said "Hey, since you booked 2 trips yesterday (paying $620) I'm gonna flatten your tire.  Not fun...but since you got 3 paychecks instead of 2 this month AND your bills are all paid I'm gonna go ahead and take care of that car problem.  Silly Jordan, you need to be safe on the road!  Good thing you booked the trips AND got new tires, right?  Sorry (not sorry) about you wanting to spend that money willy-nilly."

Weird, right?

They say timing is everything and I think I'm just starting to believe it.  This 3rd paycheck I had planned on getting some new summer clothes, helping D with his trip in 2 weeks, etceteras.  The universe had other plans instead BUT...I guess I can't blame it when it's just looking out for my safety, right?  It's nice to be humbled every now and again.

Now go outside and look up.  Enjoy the vastness that you're a part of because I know I will.

Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.