Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brutal Honesty: Beware!

Alright, here it comes kiddos. The moment of truth. Brutal honesty that I (surprisingly) am not ashamed to share comes your way.

I weigh 175 pounds. I am 5'3". This is NOT okay. Not even by my vain standards; this isn't okay according to my BMI (Body Mass Index). According to these numbers, I am overweight. I don't like it.

True, I don't like the way my clothes fit and the snugness of my pants doesn't help but I really don't like that it's just plain unhealthy. So, on that note:

My Doctor has prescribed me to Phentermine 37.5 MG tablets. It's for 30 days. Anytime it needs to be refilled, I must see my doctor, get my weight, blood pressure/sugars checked, and monitor my progress. I have received good and bad advice about this per friends/family/Internet readings. I can't say I'm not excited about it. I hope to achieve a size 5/6 again instead of the 13/14 that I am now. It is also to give me energy. I can't tell you just how exciting that makes me...it's literally on par with loosing weight. I have gone almost 4 months on what CONSTANTLY feels like 2 hours of sleep. Anything to give me energy and something to perk me up that doesn't make me crash like coffee or Adderol is very exciting. As of now, it seem like the right thing for me to do. I did not ask for this prescription. I was hoping for advice, maybe some nutritional info. and some diet plans; instead I received a quick fix to slim me down and perk me up. Legal crack really. And I'm okay with it.

But here is what I plan on doing to make my weight loss a bit different: the doctors office has a Nutritionist on site. I go for a follow up tomorrow, 2/11/2010 and I will be asking to set up a consultation with her. I don't want to just take a pill and slim down. Because that means, once I go off of it, the weight will just come back. It's not rocket science. I also don't like the idea of just having to take a pill for the rest of my life to keep thin. That idea=LAME.

I want to still work out, eat well, and take very good care of myself so when I do come off of the pills, weight will be put back on, but not by leaps/bounds/sizes like they have been. I want to be back to 130 lbs. Total. Now, and forever. I don't want to be a size 2 or weight 110 pounds. It's not right for my height, frame, or age. I am comfortable with who I am as a person, just not my size.

Vain-check. Superficial-check. Honest-check. I am okay with these checks on my list. But I want to do it healthily eventually. I want to go off of pills, continue with my eating and working out routines and just live clean and smooth and slim. And right now, if a pill can help me jump start this long and arduous path, then so be it. I can be content with that for the time being.

Tomorrow, Thursday 2/11/2010, will be my first day of taking Phentermine. I will monitor my weight loss and information every week so I can share my results and watch my own progress. I don't have a scale, so I will do what I can to update per pounds lost. Every time I have the chance to weigh myself, I will.

I have grown tired of being ashamed of my weight and what I am/want to be. I will not shy away from my size and number. I do not define myself by a number, but I do want my personal knowledge of my weight to be set at ease; reducing that number can help-I know this. I will tell how much I have lost/gained/leveled.

I am not ashamed of growing (or I guess in this case, loosing) =]

*News flash- Below is the actual definition of what "diet" means:


di·et 1

n.


  1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal.

  2. A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.

  3. Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.